ENERGY - S.M.A.R.T. Group
(Energy - Storage, Membranes, Adsorption Research and Technology)
with Dr. F. Handan Tezel, Ph.D., P.Eng., FCIC, FEIC
- Y. Hua, A. Godin, T. Alenko, B. Ugur and F. H. Tezel, “Adsorbent Screening for Thermal Energy Storage Application”, 14th International Energy Storage Conference – EnerStock 2018, Adana, Turkey, April 25-28 (2018).
- D. A. Bardy, C. A. Cruickshank, F. H. Tezel, Y. Hua, and W. P. Wong, “The Effects of Fluidization and Vacuum Regeneration on Water Adsorption for Seasonal Thermal Energy Storage”, 14th International Energy Storage Conference – EnerStock 2018, Adana, Turkey, April 25-28 (2018).
A. Ebneyamini, H. Azimi, J. Thibault, F. H. Tezel, “Modelling of Mixed Matrix Membranes Using a Resistance-Based Model”, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer (FFHMT'17), Toronto, Canada, 4 pages, August 22 – 23 (2017).
- H. Azimi, A. Ebneyamini, J. Thibault, F. H. Tezel, “A Mass Transfer Model for Pervaporation Separation Processes Via Mixed Matrix Membrane”, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer (FFHMT'17), Toronto, Canada, 2 pages, August 21 – 23 (2017).
- B. Ugur, and F. H. Tezel, “Modeling Thermal Energy Storage by Adsorption”, Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics (HEFAT 2015), held in Kruger National Park, South Africa, July 19-23, 2 pages (2015). Won the Outstanding paper award at the Conference.
- D. Carter, D. Kennedy, F.H. Tezel and B. Kruczek, “Characterization of Inorganic Silicalite-1 Membrane to be Used for the Separation of Greenhouse Gases”, Proceedings of the Conference in New Trends in Transport Phenomena (NTTP) held in Ottawa, Ontario, May 1-2, 6 pages (2014).
- N. Abdehagh, A. Sharif, H. Tezel and J. Thibault, “In situ removal of biobutanol from fermentation broth”, Proceedings of the Interamerican Congress of Chemical Engineering held in Montevideo, Uruguay, November 12-14, 5 pages (2012).
- F. Abdollahi, F.H. Tezel, and S. Aplin, “Reverse water Gas Shift Reaction for Synthetic Fuel Production”, Proceedings of the PESA (Power and Energy System Applications) 2011 Conference held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA, 5 pages (2011).
- R. Jones, F.H. Tezel, and J. Thibault, “Simulating Multi-Component Liquid Phase Adsorption Systems: Ethanol and Residual Sugar”, Proceedings of International Green Energy Conference held in Eskisehir, Turkey, June 5-9, 12 pages (2011).
- Tawalbeh, M., Kruczek, B., Tezel, H*., Letaief, S., Detellier, C. “Synthesis and gas permeation properties of new inorganic membrane” Proceedings of 20th Annual Meeting of the North American Membrane Society and 11th International Conference on Inorganic Membranes 2010, NAMS/ICIM 2010, Pages 393-294 (2010).
- Jones, R.A., J. A. Gandier, J. Thibault, and F. H. Tezel, “Enhanced ethanol production through selective adsorption in bacterial fermentation”, Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems (ECOS 2010) held in Lausanne, Switzerland, June 14-17, 22 pages (2010).
- Dicaire, D.N., and Tezel, F.H., “Thermal Energy Storage Systems using Adsorption by Hydrated Salt Impregnated Adsorbent”, Proceedings of the CLIMA 2010: 10th REHVA World Conference: Sustainable Energy Use in Buildings, held in Antalya, Turkey, May 9-12, 5 pages (2010).